Dairy products shouldn’t occupy a prominent place in our diet, nor should they be the centerpiece of the national strategy to prevent osteoporosis.
– Walter Willett, M.D., M.P.H., Dr. P.H., Chairman of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health
Cow’s milk in the past has always been oversold as the perfect food, but we are now seeing that it isn’t the perfect food at all and the government really shouldn’t be behind any efforts to promote it as such.
– Benjamin Spock, M.D.
Dairy has been considered a health food, and that’s an unfortunate myth.
– T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. Author, The China Study
There is one thing dairy products have more than any other food I can think of: contamination.
– John McDougall, M.D.
The most damaging foods are dairy products.
– Nathan Pritikin, nutritionist and longevity researcher
Perhaps when the public is educated as to the hazards of milk, only calves will be left to drink the real thing.
– Frank Oski, M.D., Former Professor of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
It will be embarrassing enough if the current calcium hype is simply useless; it will be immeasurably worse if the recommendations are actually detrimental to health.
– D. Mark Hegsted, former professor of nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health
People may suffer from chronic aching joints or a bloated stomach for years, but when they cut milk out of their diet and feel a million times better, they realize that that is what is normal.
– Jonathan Brostoff, M.D., Allergist, King’s College London, England
Since 1968, hundreds of studies have called the conventional dietary wisdom on osteoporosis into serious question.
– Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Health and Wellness, University of North Carolina
In my medical practice, I have watched children with eczema, allergies, ear infections and chronic upper respiratory congestion lose most or all of their symptoms when they stopped drinking cow’s milk.
– Jay N. Gordon, MD, FAAP, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, UCLA Medical School, Former Senior Fellow in Pediatric Nutrition, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Institute